Bring the beauty of the mountains home with our Mountain Dreams Pillow by Piikani (Blackfeet) artist and Inspired Natives® Collaborator John Isaiah Pepion.
“For Blackfoot People, we believe our power comes from the mountains,” shares John. “They're the source of everything: berries and roots, healing medicines, natural earth pigments which we use in our paints, buffalo, deer, and other animals. We also travel to the mountains for vision quests, and as places to go to get answers or to clear your mind.”
The classic “stair-step” design of the mountains seen here are traditionally found in Blackfoot beadwork and in parfleche containers. John is famous for adapting traditional Blackfeet designs to fit modern aesthetics and stories, blending the traditional and contemporary in new ways. The design of this pillow is "chain-stitched," making for gorgeous, up-close details and a silky yet raised texture.
- Pillow base is 100% cotton; embroidered stitching is 100% polyester; hidden zipper on pillowcase seam
- Comes with 100% polyester pillow insert
- Colors include off-white background with red, green, and yellow "stairs"
- 20" x 20" (50.8cm x 50.8cm)
- Pillow arrives vacuum-sealed for flat shipping: pillow will return to its full "puffy" state with fluffing
Thank you for supporting Inspired Natives®, not "Native-inspired."